Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pumpkin Muffins

I prefer cooking to baking, but occasionally I get the baking bug. Some days I just want to crank up the tunes and start baking. Tonight I made pumpkin muffins using almond flour. I think about making them every weekend when I make the almond flour pancakes. I figured making muffins couldn't be too different. They turned out surprisingly tasty! I'm going to play around with the recipe a few times again, but here is what I did today. My belly will be very happy tomorrow morning at breakfast.

Need


2 1/2 c. almond flour
1 ripe banana
3/4 c. canned pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 t. apple pie spice
1 T. melted coconut oil
1/3 c. maple syrup
1/2 c. chopped toasted pecans
Ghee to coat the muffin tin cups

Prepare

Preheat the oven to 350. Combine the almond flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium size bowl.

Add in the mashed ripe banana, pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, and maple syrup to the same bowl. Mix in the pumpkin pie spice. Lastly fold in the toasted pecans. The batter will be very thick.


Using some type of oil, coat the muffin cups. I used a small amount of ghee.
Divide the batter evenly in the muffin pan filling about 3/4 the way full. Top each muffin with a toasted pecan.



Bake at 350 for approximately 25 minutes. The muffins should be golden brown.


Warm in the microwave the next day to enjoy with your coffee!

2 comments:

  1. These are delicious! I made one batch of regular-sized muffin and another of mini muffins, which I put in the kids' lunches. They were great for breakfast and snacks. I didn't put nuts in mine this time because I never know if the kids will eat them, but I may try them in the future. I also may add some dark chocolate chips to them for a dessert option. I will definitely be making these again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great snack for the kid's lunch! I love the idea of dark chocolate chips too. That sounds great. I'm going to try that next time! Do you use a special dark chocolate like vegan chips or just whatever is at the grocery?

    ReplyDelete